7.12.2010

Confirmation

I don't know about you, but it feels nice to get a feeling of confirmation that what you are doing is right. Especially when you weren't really looking for it.
See, I had been a bit on the fence about breaking it all off with Mr. N. I was missing the moments. I even texted his "Bro" Saturday to privately check on how he was doing. Instead of answering my question, his "Bro" sent me a party invite with directions. Before, I would had dressed to kill the competition and get my guy back. Not this time.
Plus, I had made plans to spend the night with my LS's. I can't even express to you guys how much I really enjoyed spending time with them. It was a sleepover that was long over-due. Her parents and family are so welcoming. They are Indian and I love learning more about their culture. My other two LS's came as well. One brought her little boy, which we all adore.
The next day, Sunday, we headed to a BBQ. May I add, I had a mocha frappe in tow? It was really chill. Despite a few jerks and mosquito bites, I had a great time. Good food, people, and laughter. I even met someone new. [nickname may be coming soon]
Now, if I had went the other route, I'm almost certain I would feel really low right now. I'm not cut out for "the fast life" of liquor, parties, and "triple kisses ftw" that he is accustomed. Nah, dawg, you can haaave that. =]
Yes, I'm sure. I no longer need that blues song. Nah, no need to ask again.

No comments: